Disaster Relief Efforts
Hurricane Florence is expected to make landfall early Friday morning, causing devastating damage in the Carolinas. At this writing, 5 semi loads of Disaster Relief boxes are ready to be shipped. As a Salvation Army First Responder, MFB can have supplies on the road within 24 hours of being called. Disaster Relief boxes contain enough shelf-stable food to feed a family of four for 4 to 5 days. Volunteers assemble, pack and drive the boxes to disaster sites and the Salvation Army distributes them to those in need.
Hygiene kits are also prepared and sent from MFB, and the time will come when clean-up supplies will be requested. The impact of this storm will require ongoing support lasting months.
Midwest Food Bank is blessed to be able to provide a way for people to help support our neighbors to the south. We want to best utilize your time and resources. Here are the ways you can bring help and hope:
1. Pray for those who are displaced and hungry. Their best help will come from the LORD.
2. Donate FInancially. Midwest Food Bank has many buying partnerships, and with our not-for-profit status, we will maximize your donation, increasing your purchasing power. Funds will be used to purchase food for Disaster Relief boxes and to cover the cost of transporting them. Any funds received that go beyond the needs for Hurricane Florence will assist in future disasters. To make a donation, please use the form below.
3. Donate food and supplies. Below is a list of the things we need the most.
• Canned tuna or chicken
• 16 oz. jars of peanut butter (plastic jar)
• 16 oz. canned fruit
• Pasta sauce (canned or plastic jar)
• Ramen noodles
• Canned soup
• Meals (Hamburger Helper, canned pasta, Rice-A-Roni)
• Paper towels
Thank you for your concern and your heart to help our neighbors on the East coast.