WOW, I HAD NO IDEA! These are the words that invariably come out of the mouth of first-time visitors to Midwest Food Bank. Do you remember the first time you walked in? Many in our local community and throughout the Greater Atlanta region have no idea of the magnitude of goodness that is happening every day in a small warehouse in Peachtree City, Georgia. I often ask 3 simple questions of our volunteers and friends of the food bank.
- 1. Do you know Midwest Food Bank? "Yes"
- 2. Do you love what we are all about, and the efficiency of our operation? "Yes"
- 3. Does everyone you know, know about Midwest Food Bank? If your answer is "No", would you help us share the message and be our champion?
Here are 5 ways you can champion the mission of Midwest Food Bank this holiday season and beyond.
- 1) Tell your friends and family – This holiday season, when gathered around the table (physically or virtually) and Uncle Joe asks "what's new?" you can tell him about Midwest Food Bank. During the pandemic, MFB has served over 300 partnering nonprofit organizations in the Atlanta Metro region each month.MFB operations didn't miss a beat in this dynamic year. In fact, MFB Georgia distributed $1.5 million in food each month. Now that is something to share!
- 2) Engage with MFB on Social Media – Follow, tag, share, or like. We update content on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn and would love to have you be a part of our conversation.
- 3) Volunteer – MFB Georgia has a staff of 5 employees supported by hundreds of volunteers each month. Volunteers are key to operating the multi-million dollar distribution center. Join us in serving! Contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Maria Puckett: email@example.com
- 4) Visit – Check out the MFB holiday page for resources to engage your family and friends this December. Share this with your family. https://midwestfoodbank.org/holiday
- 5) Donate as a gift - For every $1 donated, we can give away $30 in food. Online donations can be given in tribute of friends and family. MFB will send a card of appreciation to your loved one.
Thank you all for your continued support and encouragement. We are all blessed to be part of something so special.