Looking for Volunteer Ideas?
The benefits of volunteering with Midwest Food Bank do not end at helping end world hunger. Thank you for helping us put our mission into action!
All volunteers must complete a Volunteer Release Form. Click here for a printable form to complete and bring with you to volunteer.
Volunteering for Teens
Teenagers have a lively spirit and a willingness to learn that makes them excellent volunteers! We prefer that volunteers are at least 11 years of age to ensure safety and success. Chaperones may be required depending on age.
- Youth groups: The heart of Midwest Food Bank is built on non-denominational Christian values. Come and share in fulfilling the faith-fueled mission of providing aid to those in need.
- School clubs: Volunteering provides middle and high school students with excellent experience that translates into first jobs and college applications.
Volunteer Opportunities for Families
When the Kieser family founded Midwest Food Bank, their goal was to share their blessings with the world. Volunteer opportunities give families their own chance to take part in this important journey.
- Make a family tradition: Many families enjoy having their own traditions. Make volunteering with Midwest Food Bank a favorite family past time!
- Volunteer for Christmas: During the holiday season, families often have a heightened desire to give back to their community. Escape the cold winter weather and join Midwest Food Bank in providing less fortunate families with food for their own holiday celebrations.
Community Service Programs
When a whole community is driven toward the same goal, amazing things are bound to happen.
- Community group involvement: Bring a sports team, parents’ club, or a seniors’ breakfast group to volunteer at Midwest Food Bank! Groups of any kind or size can be accommodated, and volunteer tasks will be determined based on age, ability, and even interest.
- Consider Midwest Food Bank for future fundraisers: Many community groups adopt an organization for a certain period of fundraising. If a group cannot volunteer in-person, monetary donations are also graciously accepted.
Thank you for your interest in benefitting the lives of millions of people across the globe. No matter your level of help, your impact is heard and seen worldwide. Sign up for a time to volunteer today!