Skip to content Skip to footer

Midwest Food Bank Ranks as One of the Best Volunteer Organizations


Midwest Food Bank, the largest faith-based food bank in the US, is a non-denominational, non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization.

An Organization with Integrity

With the help of volunteers, dedication of strategic leaders, and generosity of donors, Midwest Food Bank has flourished into something greater than the founding family could have ever imagined. Now, Midwest Food Bank has a presence across the globe and is widely recognized not only for its service to those in need, but also because of its organizational transparency.

99% of every donation goes directly toward providing food to people in need. The remaining 1% of income is used for fundraising, costs of leadership, oversight, and other administrative expenses.

Third-Party Gives Midwest Food Bank Their Highest Honor

Charity Navigator is America's premier independent charity evaluator. They help charitable givers make intelligent decisions by providing in-depth, objective ratings and analysis of the financial health, accountability, and transparency of America's largest charities. Charity Navigator has awarded four out of four possible stars to Midwest Food Bank (MFB) since 2011. Receiving four Charity Navigator 2023 LRstars indicates that our organization adheres to good governance and other best practices that minimize the chance of unethical activities and consistently executes its mission in a fiscally responsible way. Please click on the logo or links to review our four-star rating.

Charity Navigator holds information on every nonprofit registered in the United States. Ratings are determined based upon aspects of IRS tax status, revenue, length of operations, location, public support, fundraising expenses, and administrative expenses. Ranking as one of the top non-profit organizations in the nation is a great honor and further exemplifies our mission. By ensuring that the dollars donated to our organization go directly toward feeding people suffering from food insecurity across the world, we have solidified our four out of four-star rating for the past ten consecutive years.


BBM web link