Spring Newsletter 2013
"But the path of the just is like the shining sun that shines ever brighter unto the perfect day" - NKJV Proverbs 4:18
Spring Blessings abound at Peoria and Peoria/Morton Midwest Food Bank. Our neighbors in need are given hope through your desire to shine hope and love on their path. Today we are sharing with you one of our most brightest and perfect days.
Think back to a perfect day in your life....we all have one, a special place or moment! Let the memory encourage you, warm you and fill you with a renewed passion.
God was with you then and He is with you now to find a perfect day in a Him, it is a promise to the just, and a path that shines unto the perfect day.
Finding Perfect Days:
A great author, C.S. Lewis, gave us a clue on how to find "perfect days". "God does not find our desires too strong but too weak". He goes on to suggest many live their life like a "child who goes out making mud pies" and cannot imagine the joy when offered "a vacation by the sea. We are far too easily pleased."
Thousands of good people have solved the "Lewis clue" and are not "easily pleased". They have changed their routine and come to the Midwest Food Bank to help those in need. Their desires are "strong, not weak, to serve". They come and experience joy and give hope!
On February 21st, MFB had a perfect and wonderful day "by the sea"! Watch and enjoy all that took place in that one day!
Let us not forget the most perfect day! Easter, the day the stone rolled away and Christ arose. His resurrection can assure you an eternity of "perfect days" and remind us of His living presence that overrules our thought of His absence. He is with us! Acts 1:3
Thanks to you, the new Morton location is experiencing an abundance of GREAT DAYS! All of us that see the progress are humbled and in awe of community spirit and labors of love that are happening! These pictures are proof of people that are "not easily pleased" but have desires that are "not weak, but strong"! They are taking part of joy-filled work "by the sea". MFB is so excited for them to start creating packaged goods and Tender Mercies for the MFB network and providing logistic services to all of the MFB warehouses. We can only imagine how many hundreds of thousands will be fed by their efforts!
Evidence of His Presence!
As you can see there is a lot of work happening and much work still to complete. The work is planned to be completed in 3 stages:
• Warehouse ready for inventory.
• Packaging room complete and installation of the packaging machine.
• Complete the volunteer Tender Mercies pack room, offices & exterior site-work.
Thank you for your present and future support! If you wish to help, please contact us!
• Pray for continued stirred hearts and minds and the wisdom to advance His work
• Additional dry, semi trailers for Peoria/Morton Division
• Volunteers to keep our trucks clean
• Volunteers for miscellaneous painting projects
• Funding to finish the Morton facility Tender Mercies volunteer room & renovations
• Replenish our rice and bean Tender Mercies inventory
• Funding for an updated website
• 2 - new crock pots
Do You Have Any Questions, Concerns or Comments for MFB?
Feel Free to contact us! We would love to hear from you!
Larry Herman - Director
Upcoming Events to Benefit Peoria and Peoria/Morton MFB:
• Clay Shoot For Hunger - Saturday, June 15, 2013 - Event Details
• Legacy Five/Collingsworth Family Concert - Friday, June 21, 2013 - Full Details
• Golf Outing - Late Summer 2013 - Weaver Ridge Golf Course - Date and Time to announced
• "Sharing the Blessings" Benefit Dinner - September 28, 2013 - More Details